Friday 12 October 2012

Hart days night

I had to go to Milton Keynes for the day yesterday, and as the A1 was as usual full of accidents I decided to run up the M6 (adding an extra 30 miles) turning off at Penrith and nipping over Hartside to get into Garrigill. I like the M6, it tends to get very quiet after Warrington and it's an easy drive all the way.
 

The same was true yesterday right up until I got half way up the hill when I was suddenly in fog so thick that the headlights just lit up 5m in front of the car.
Now I have been up and down Hartside a few times, so I know where the drops are, and I have seen the holes in the walls and the missing sections of hedges where vehicles have decided to go through....and down...

At this point the drive got very very slow and I did start to wonder about anyone who was on the hills walking and didn't have the advantage of a pair of headlights to light the way.

Gets foggy up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment