Tuesday 12 February 2013

In A Different Land


This week I am in a new Arse End Of Nowhere. I have to work in Milton Keynes, the new town of concrete cows and attempted greenery.

Rather than stay in the concrete I found a cottage to rent for a week that is just a few miles out of MK and actually when purchased for the week it works out cheaper than a hotel.

It's on a farm and not far from the rolling hills of somewhere not far from London and right now covered in snow.
On the whole I don't mind snow, I have lots of lovely warm snow gear thanks to the girlfriend and christmas combined so the white stuff isn't a problem....well not until I have to drive in it!

In the end it was using her Land Rover again and hope that I get there.

 The snow combined with a wind in one direction has produced some fantastic snow patterns on trees, lamp posts, even stone columns but I loved the way the snow on this tree seemed to separate the wood from the reality of the grey white background. It doesn't look as eerie in the photo as it did standing beside it. I wouldn't be surprised if this look ends up in a painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment