Tuesday 4 December 2012

Socks!

We are expecting a drop of snow or so in the next few days and as the AEON is down in a valley (a valley that sits at +1000ft above sea level) I am expecting that there may be an issue getting out.
The thing about valleys is that they are really easy to get into in any weather, but when snow is on the ground a good valley is quite hard to get out of.
No matter which way I go to try and get out I have to climb straight up about 500ft.

Last week it was mentioned in the pub by an AEON expert that my car might need snow socks. I know that when walking the dogs that my feet need snow socks, preferably in multi pairs but I had never heard of snow socks for cars. Chains...yes, snow tyres....yes but socks? This seems to be a new thing.

So I have been trawling the great interweb of knowledge and I now know an awful lot about snow socks, but the bad things I have learned are; 
A, Granny can't knit them for me and 
B: They only come in one colour.
It isn't fair, I want my car to have rastafarian snow socks, and if they could be knitted out of that camel hair bristly sharp painful wool that my nan used to make jumpers out of for me then I am guessing that the traction would be great because no matter how soggy my old school jumpers got, they always had spikes.
 

So I need to get some snow socks, and lets just hope that the postie can get in to us to deliver them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment