Monday 31 December 2012

Hi Hoooooooooo!

 My Xmas week is over and I had to take Kieran back to his mums this morning so I dropped him off on the way into the office.

It's always a sad day when he goes back, however it's New Years Eve so I imagine that tonight I won't be my usual 'Kieran has gone away' miserable, or if I am at least I may be very drunk when doing it!
There has been a fairly large amount of rain over the last week which has led to the ford on the river being higher than usual, luckily this isn't the way out of Garrigill, but that isn't to say that the drive this morning didn't


involve various flooded roads and bridges. It kept our interest when every time we turned a corner there was a bit of a splash. It makes the journy more fun anyway.

Earlier in the week the hills got a touch of the white stuff, it was a surprise when it didn't work it's way lower but yet again we seem to have escaped. 
The morning drive in is getting noticably lighter too as that extra 11 minutes a day starts to add up.
At work I have hung up my new calender. This year I will be treated to the dream of a VW camper van every new month, and meanwhile Akasha keeps painting things that remind me of summer....and driving around in a VW Camper.... Perhaps one day!
It has been a fantastic week, one of the best christmas's for a long time.
I'm feeling all warm and content, must be the new hats...or the company I am now keeping
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment